Fall is coming to end here in Madison, which means loading up on Halloween candy , spending as much time outdoors as possible before winter comes ☃️, and, most importantly: cranking out Ionic Framework v4 beta bugs .
Just like we’re filling up on candy, we want you to have your fill of the latest Ionic Pro-related news before the month is over. Take a look at our biggest updates below:
- Xcode 10 Now Available for Package Builds: Its new build system brings improved reliability and build performance. Read on for details.
- Building Locally Using Xcode 10: Cordova projects are not currently compatible with XCode 10, but, have no fear! There’s a simple build flag you can add to “ionic cordova build ios” to make it work.
- “cordova-plugin-ionic” Plugin Release: See here for recent bug fixes.
- Single Sign-on Now Available for the Enterprise: If you’re interested in enabling SSO for your organization, please contact us.
Webinars: Past, Present, Future
- Hybrid vs. Native: Thanks to those who joined us on Tuesday, October 16th as we walked through the pros and cons of cross-platform development approaches. Missed it? Want to share with coworkers? Enjoy the replay here.
- How to Build a PWA: Progressive Web Apps are gaining popularity, but what’s involved with creating one? Join Mike Hartington TODAY at 12 p.m. CST for a technical deep dive into this exciting new technology.
- Reimagining Cordova—Introducing Capacitor: Many of you have asked us about Capacitor, our new cross-platform app runtime that reimagines the Cordova experience. Join Matt Netkow on Thursday, November 15th at 12 p.m. CST to learn how to build a web app that runs natively on iOS, Android, Desktop, and the Web.
Ionic Support & Advisory Services
Looming deadlines. Unknown unknowns. Endless user demands.
Ah, the joys of software development :)
The pressure to reduce project risk, accelerate app delivery, and deliver amazing experiences to your end users is always in the background. Regardless of your team’s abilities, the above can be challenging to achieve.
That’s why Ionic introduced Enterprise Services & Support: A package for serious teams looking to accelerate their project objectives. Our experts are on-hand to help you tackle any challenge during your mobile development project. From our open source Framework and native features, to performance and back-end integrations, we cover it all: Architecture, code reviews, live training, and more.
Whether you’re about to start a challenging project, or are in the middle of one, Ionic is here to help! Want to know more? Send us a note here.