The Deploy team has released another round of bug fixes for Deploy v5. The fixes are included in the latest patch releases for
cordova-plugin-ionic (5.1.5) and
These releases include:
- Additional fixes to address slow loading times
- Additional fixes to address splash screen "hanging" issues
- Fixes an issue specific to Ionic v1 apps where the app could hang on the splash screen
- Fixes an issue when changing the Deploy configuration to point to a new
Latest recommended plugin versions:
Supported platform versions:
- cordova-android >= 6.4.0, Android version >= 5.0.0
- cordova-ios >= 4.5.4, iOS version >= 10.3
cordova-plugin-ionic now includes a cordova hook on the
before_build event. If you're running Ionic CLI >= 4.x the hook will generate a manifest of the bundled app files in your binary. The plugin uses the manifest to populate the file cache before retrieving the first update. Previous versions downloaded every file on the first update. This means that your very first update should be much faster than it was before.
NOTE: that since this is a
before_build hook it probably will not run before launching in the emulator. You can generate the manifest file yourself when testing by running
ionic deploy manifest in the root of you app before running on the emulator.
Keep in mind that updating plugins will require a new native build to ensure that future live deploys are binary compatible. You'll also need to manage the native versioning of your Deploy builds to ensure that non-compatible changes aren't delivered to new or old native builds.
If you'd like to manage the versions of the deploy and webview plugins manually take a look at our doc on dependency management for details on setting an explicit version.