Ionic Pro's Deploy feature allows you to set up automatic deployments for any of your Channels based on your git branches. You can also disable this functionality and manually assign builds for live updates.
- How to Enable Automatic Assignment for a Channel
- How to Disable Automatic Assignment for a Channel
- Manually Assigning Builds for Deploy
Note: For new apps, the Master Channel is automatically set up to auto-assign commits from the master git branch to the Master Channel.
1. In the Ionic Pro Dashboard, navigate to Deploy > Channels.
2. Next, you have the option of creating a new Channel or select an existing Channel.
3. Click on the Channel name and you'll be presented with a modal.
4. Navigate to the Settings tab
5. Type in the name of the git branch from which you would like to receive commits
6. Click Save channel to save this change
You can also disable automatic assignment of commits for a given Channel. This is useful if you want full control over your live updates and builds.
You can follow steps 1-4 above. In Step 5, delete the branch name from the Auto-assign field and then select Save channel.
Manually Assigning Builds for Deploy
If you disable automatic builds for a Channel and want to perform a live update using Deploy (assuming you are using the Auto or Background update method), you will need to select a build to assign to the channel in Ionic Pro.
1. Navigate to Deploy > Builds.
2. For the update you would like to apply via Deploy, select the Assign button on the associated commit.
3. You will be presented with a modal. You can choose to edit your native versioning before finishing the assignment, or you can select the channel of your choice from the dropdown.
4. Click on Deploy to set the commit to the Channel for the live update. You should see a confirmation message at the bottom of the screen and the Channel badge should appear on the commit assigned to the Channel.
Based on your Deploy setup and native versioning, the commit will then be sent to relevant devices for live updating.