New Version of Ionic Deploy Released!
The next major version of our Ionic Appflow SDK is now available. This includes:
- Faster Deploy downloads: We now use a CDN to host your Ionic apps, which means that your users will see improved download speeds.
- Smaller download sizes: Currently, when you deploy a build to a channel, an Ionic app downloads all assets in the www folder (fonts, code, images, etc.) the next time it is opened. In the new version of the SDK, only files that have been changed are downloaded. This will result in up to 70% bandwidth savings for your users!
- Ionic Framework v4-ready: The Ionic framework v4 beta is coming very, very soon. Upgrade the SDK now to be ready for the exciting next version of the framework you know and love.
Sounds great, right? Existing customers will need to upgrade to the new version in order to take advantage of the new features. Follow along with our step-by-step video here.
For new users, the latest version will be installed by default upon following the setup guide here.
Welcoming Our New Dashboard Experience
You’ve probably noticed the redesign of the IonicAppflow dashboard. Please note that the old design has been retired and is no longer accessible.
Additionally, Ionic Deploy usage numbers are back! They are located right underneath the App Name:
Have feedback on the new dash? Tell us what you think.
Ionic Appflow Community Forums Get a Facelift
We're excited to announce the introduction of our new Ionic Appflow Community Forums! Previously, these forums were a subtopic of our Framework Forums, but we're launching a new community specifically for Ionic Appflow customers. Now you can easily find the answer to your questions with the introduction of more refined topics.
What kinds of things can I post in the new Community?
- Questions about all Ionic Appflow Products
- Tips and tricks you have discovered
- Build errors and resolutions
- Integration questions (Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Product Feedback
To get started, try making a new post here!