This guide explains how to set up a Security Profile that will allow you to perform Android builds with Package. Debug builds with Android do not require a Security Profile.
Note: You can use a single Security Profile for both Android and iOS builds, but you will need to enter credentials for each platform. This guide will walk you through those steps for Android; see this guide for how to enter credentials for iOS.
You must complete the steps in this article before proceeding with your Security Profile setup. The article will guide you through the creation of the following required information:
- A .keystore file
- The key alias used to set up your .keystore file
- The keystore password provided when setting up your .keystore file
- The key password provided when setting up your .keystore file
Creating the Profile
You can create a new Security Profile and view your existing ones by navigating to your App Settings -> Certificates in the Ionic Appflow Dashboard and clicking on the Add Profile button.
Next, you will give your security profile a name and select the profile type.
- The Type option is intended to distinguish between iOS build types and should not matter for Android.
Enter Build Credentials
Finally, you will need to make use of the file and information you used previously as part of the Prerequisites step (your .keystore file and related alias/passwords) to finish the setup.
- Use your .keystore file for the Keystore File field
- Enter the Key Alias into the Key Alias field
- Enter the Keystore Password into the Keystore Password field
- Enter the Key Password into the Key Password field
- Click Save
Assuming you have entered everything correctly, you should see a confirmation message.
You can now begin using Package to perform Android builds.