This guide explains how to set up a Security Profile that will allow you to perform iOS production or development builds with Package.
Note: You can use a single Security Profile for both iOS and Android builds, but you will need to enter credentials for each platform. This guide will walk you through those steps for iOS; see this guide for how to enter credentials for Android.
You must complete the steps in this article before proceeding with your Security Profile setup. The article will guide you through the creation of the following required information:
- A .p12 file
- The password you set for the .p12 file
- A .mobileprovision file
Creating the Profile
You can create a new Security Profile and view your existing ones by navigating to your App Settings > Certificates in the Ionic Appflow Dashboard and clicking on the Add Profile button.
Next, you will give your security profile a name and select the profile type.
- For iOS Development certificates, select the Development type
- For iOS Distribution certificates, select the Production type
Enter Build Credentials
Finally, you will need to make use of the files you created previously as part of the Prerequisites step (your .p12 and .mobileprovision files, along with the password to the .p12 file) to finish the setup.
- Use your .p12 file for the App Development/Store Certificate field
- Use your .mobileprovision file for the Provisioning Profile field
- Enter the password for your .p12 file in the Certificate Password field
- Click Save
Assuming you have entered everything correctly, you should see a confirmation message.
You can now begin using Package to perform iOS builds.